Sunday 4 September 2016

day 3 and 4 of 29faces challenge

Oooops  I forgot to post my face I did yesterday. What can I say, I am human after all lol So rather than just missing a day out (after all I did do the sketch) I have decided to combine both days into todays post.  Call it a weekend post lol

Saturdays face, drawn in colour pencil.  I have sketched an idea for a bigger picture but I am featuring the face for day 3 in my 29faces challenge.  Which is proving to be more difficult than I thought even at this early stage.  Perhaps I just need to get a bit more organised.  hmmmmmm I can but try lol  As the pencil is a light colour and I have drawn on white sketch paper it is rather difficult to get a decent picture so I hope you can see these ok. My idea for this sketch is that the girl is being comforted by her angel.  I am sure in the future this will become a fully realised bit of art :)


Sunday day 4 of 29faces challenge.  I have managed to complete a quick video to demonstrate how I used my gelli plate to start a journal page with a background.  The purple/blue colour was already there.  I had previously cleaned off brushes over the top of some tape then took the tape away (I will use the painted tape in another project).  I rolled white gesso thinly onto my gelli plate firmly pressed the stamp onto the gelli plate then took a print off the plate onto my page and was left with the background as pictured below.  I just filmed the process of how I printed the girls face onto my background using the gelli plate.  Thanks to Andrea Mercier who gifted me my prima face stamp a couple of weeks back, I have a few ideas on how to continue to make use of her in the future.  






I hope you have enjoyed this double weekend 29 faces blog post.  Why not come back tomorrow and see what I get up to for day 5 :) 

3 comments: