Sunday 1 March 2015

Documented life project - 14th February 2015

Well, a little out of sync but that is ok.  I have been playing catch up with the Documented Life project for a few weeks now and so I have a few to choose from.  I have almost finished the one for 31st January and when it is I will blog a post.  I confess I had started the page for Feb 7th, however once I got so far I thought it fitted the art challenge for Documented life project - February 14th - Cover up the good stuff instead. 

You see, I saw this and thought, I really like this a lot so decided that I in order to carry on I would have to "cover up the good stuff".
 As you can see from the above photo I was still trying to go with the page without covering up the flowers, thinking maybe I could blend the page together. I decided it was looking very ugly at this stage so I gave in and covered up and painted a girl using inktense pencils on the right hand page.
 
What you don't see in  the above photo is I actually did not put the white over the flowers on the left page to begin with, I was still in denial I think.  But eventually I just went for it covered up the left page with gesso. I then got out my one and only distress paint and started to add to the page, I also used my geletos to add just a tad more colour.  I then used more of my watercolour pencils (not the inktense, just cheap watercolour pencils)
 
 
In the above photo I think I am starting to get there and the page is no longer looking quite so ugly. yeah!!!!
 
 




So here it is, my finished page, though I am not sure the photo does it justice.  I added some extra flowers and voila :) I am rather pleased with this page considering it was rather ugly at one point.  It just goes to show that sometimes covering up is what it takes to make it look even better.  I will be adding some journaling but as it is going to be personal I thought I would post the above pic as the finished product :) So I hope you have enjoyed reading my rollercoaster ride that is my latest art journal page.

Thanks for stopping by

T

No comments:

Post a Comment